Winter Storm Juno was one of the first of the big storms of 2015. Before the next big storm of the winter season hits, here’s how to ensure your business stays connected.
For businesses that use Broadview Networks’ cloud-based OfficeSuite® Phone, keeping in touch when their office must close is easy. Since the system is hosted in the cloud, changes can be made via an online portal that is accessible from laptops, tablets and smartphones. OfficeSuite Phone helps businesses deal with power outages; effectively manage working from home; keep the lines of communication open; and create a disaster recovery/business continuity plan.
Before the evening commute kicks off early today, here are a few tips for making sure your business does not lose touch during the storm.
- Make Changes Online – to set up or change any of the features below, simply login to the OfficeSuite website.
- Create a New Automated Greeting – Let callers know about changes in hours or closings. You can set up the Auto Attendant so that callers can be directed to employees’ home or cell phones, or to another business location that will not be impacted by the storm.
- Set up Emergency Override – Ensure all calls to your business are handled. With Emergency Override Routing, all calls to all of your company’s phone numbers (that have this feature enabled) will be routed to whatever destination you choose.
- Forward Calls to Another Number Using your Desk Phone – By setting up a Forward to Prompt button and pressing it before leaving your business today.
- Modify Call Handling – Change where calls are sent when you cannot answer. Send calls to voicemail, auto attendant, co-worker or to another phone number, like your home or cell phone. Change this online anytime.
- Change Incoming Call Routing – Modify where calls are sent so that each call can either be answered or handled with a voicemail box.
- Set up Mobile Twinning – Have all calls ring your desk phone and your cell phone so you can stay in touch no matter where you are.
- Get Voicemail Anywhere – in email as an attachment or transcribed message, with our free Voicemail App for iPhone or Android, or as a text notification.
- Turn your Mobile Phone or PC into Your Office Phone – with our Mobile Softphones, your mobile phone or PC/laptop can becoming a fully-functional office phone that uses your business phone number.
- Forward Calls, Open Trouble Tickets, Manage Toll-free Service, Pay Bills – all online viaeCare Enterprise.
- Get Help Setting Up any of these features in the OfficeSuite Community – Not sure how to do it? Watch videos, see step-by-step instructions and access helpful guides.
See how to do it! – “Winterizing Your Office” webinar walks you through how to set up these features.